AZStart is a website that provides a wealth of information for people who want to learn more about starting a company. We also provide information for those already running business ventures, and anyone who wants to learn more about entrepreneurship. On Entrepedia, you will find information about starting a business, funding, financial projections, and much more.
Who Runs AZStart?
AZStart was created in 2009 by Andrew Torres, an entrepreneur in the tech industry. After creating several businesses, Andrew decided to create a spot to disseminate information about entrepreneurship and small business ownership to the masses. AZStart is now primarily run by a group of volunteers who consist of business owners, former business owners, finance experts, and more.
A special thanks to the volunteers that keep the AZStart site running.
- Ashley Bennet
- Victor Harrison
- Samantha Crowly
Interesting Facts About Entrepreneurship & Small Businesses
- There are nearly 28 million small businesses throughout the United States and more than 20 million people are self employed.
- A small business is defined by the US Small Business Administration as an enterprise having less than 500 employees.
- On average, more than 500,000 new businesses are created every month.
- More than 50% of the working population in the United States works for a small business.
- More than 50% of small businesses are based out of the home.
- Since 1995, small businesses have generated more than 65% of new jobs.
- The average age of company founders when they first began was 40.
- The majority of entrepreneurs have launched more than one business.
More Information on Entrepreneurship
- Follow These 10 Steps to Starting a Business
- My Own Business Institute
- America’s Small Business Development Center
- 10 Traits All Successful Entrepreneurs Share
- Statistics About Small Businesses
- Tips for Growing a Successful Business
- Spark Initiative: Promoting Global Entrepreneurship
- Tips for Small Business Success
- Guide to Small Business Ownership
- The Entrepreneur’s Reference Guide to Small Business Information